What's this all about?

Hi, my name is Tom Roberts. Welcome to my blog. I'm cycling along the less traveled routes from the most southern point of Africa to the most northern point of the United Kingdom in aid of Rhino Conservation. As part of my trip I'm making a television documentary. I invite you to join me.

Track my progress

Thursday 4 October 2012

A Plan Comes Together


After months of delay, uncertainty and frustration it's finally all come together and I've made it to Cape Town. There were times along the way that I seriously doubted whether it was ever going to happen, happily it's all worked out.

My plan is to head for Cape Agulus, the most southernly tip of Africa, then to make for John O Groats in the United Kingdom, it's most northerly point.

The purpose of this trip, apart from having a blast and loosing some weight, is to make a TV series.
The series will be about two middle-aged blokes, one on a bike and one in a 4x4, travelling through Africa and Europe.

I will be travelling alone for the vast majority of the time and will do most of the filming of "the bike bit". The other bloke is Andrew St Pierre White, a well known adventure film maker and 4X4 guru who will film the 4X4 bit, tidy up my efforts and produce the series.

In order to hone my somewhat suspect filming skills, as I don't particularly want to have to re ride the route to film it again properly,  I'll be accompanying him to Namibia to film an episode for another TV series that he is currently working on, after which I'll be away.



No comments:

Post a Comment