What's this all about?

Hi, my name is Tom Roberts. Welcome to my blog. I'm cycling along the less traveled routes from the most southern point of Africa to the most northern point of the United Kingdom in aid of Rhino Conservation. As part of my trip I'm making a television documentary. I invite you to join me.

Track my progress

Friday 8 March 2013

Rwanda

Paddy fields and hay stacks?

Children who chased me up the road


Terraced hillsides, the whole area is like this

A beautiful place

When I first saw this lot I thought a riot had kicked off, after the security guard at the bank where my credit card had been eaten by the machine  managed to coax me out from under a parked car with the assurance that there was nothing to worry about explaining that this is what happens every Saturday, all the teens in the town go for a run together, bizarre but cool at the same time.

Dangerous mountain passes, these folk are pretty adept at this type of thing.


Fat boy with the best cook in Rwanda



3 comments:

  1. Rwanda looks fantastic m8. See enjoying local cooking :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing! And the beard?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have heard only good things (first-hand accounts) about Rwanda lately and yours makes it the third. You look well, Tom, especially given how far you've travelled. Stay safe -- and enjoy the ride! :) Bev

    ReplyDelete