What's this all about?

Hi, my name is Tom Roberts. Welcome to my blog. I'm cycling along the less traveled routes from the most southern point of Africa to the most northern point of the United Kingdom in aid of Rhino Conservation. As part of my trip I'm making a television documentary. I invite you to join me.

Track my progress

Thursday 16 May 2013

Ethiopia


My trip has sadly come to a grinding halt. I've spent two weeks in Addis Ababa atempting to get a Sudanese visa all to no avail, the best they would do was a 10 day transit visa and would not confirm that I could renew it in Sudan. I was not prepared to take the chance so I've flown home to the UK to try and arrange a visa from here. I'm totally unimpressed with the whole sorry saga but  no one said this was going to be easy!

My ride to Addis Ababa was an absolute nightmare, the youth of Ethiopia are the pits, I was stoned, hit with sticks, pulled off my bike and if that was not enough two kids attmpted to stab me. I had read that the kids here were challenging but nothing could have prepared me for what actually happened.

These blokes have travelled from India on their camels, they were headed for Kenya.
Ant hill


Down town Addis Ababa




No comments:

Post a Comment