What's this all about?

Hi, my name is Tom Roberts. Welcome to my blog. I'm cycling along the less traveled routes from the most southern point of Africa to the most northern point of the United Kingdom in aid of Rhino Conservation. As part of my trip I'm making a television documentary. I invite you to join me.

Track my progress

Friday 28 December 2012

Swaziland and Mozambique

Swaziland is a wonderful country, friendly people and beautiful scenery there is how ever one thing... the concept of the mountain pass has not taken hold, here they just go straight up and over mountains. I rode two such "passes" and neither would have been out of place in the Tour de France mountain stages. The second one was so steep that buses were stopping and unloading the passengers who then had to walk while the coaches struggled up! Were I to pass this way again Swaziland would certainly be on my list of places to visit again.
Mozambique has been an eye opener, again very friendly easy going people but very expensive. Mozambique is famous for it's seafood, prawns in particular, but I paid less for LM prawns in Cape Town so what's that all about? Apart from the unbelievable coast line the thing that has struck me the most has been the litter, the place is a tip, it really has to be seen to be believed, my hope is that as I head north towards Malawi it will improve as it really detracts from what is a wonderful place, this is Africa I'm told, I hope not............



1 comment:

  1. Amazing progress, Tom!!! All the best and continue travelling safely! Swazi certainly is the jewel of Africa (I think) and would go there with a drop of a hat :). Littering also infuriates me, especially when we have such stunning scenery etc. Spoilt by man... Catch a wake-up people (litter'ers)!!! Look forward to your next entry, heading to Malawi... Cheers!

    ReplyDelete